The Jones Pier Conservation Area (JPCA) is part of the rich history of late 19th century/early 20th century settlement in Indian River County in Vero Beach, Florida. The conservation area offers 16 acres of recreation space for the public including walking trails and wetland viewing.
Through JPCA’s master planning and Eco Blue Systems’ construction, the JPCA project included:
- The construction of restrooms, trails, and parking.
- The restoration of wetlands and native uplands.
- The development of an outdoor classroom for use by local schools and other organizations.
- The conservation and habitat enhancement of an existing Florida gopher tortoise population.
- The establishment of community gardens to promote environmentally-friendly surroundings for a comprehensive public education program, run by the JPCA, that emphasizes conservation and sustainability, as well as the importance of public participation.